Get Well Wishes
When a friend or loved one is ill, has had surgery or is recovering from an injury the natural reaction is to want them to get well soon. You don't want to see someone you care about suffering or feeling poorly. So the way we try to cheer them up whilst they recover (aside from visiting them) is to send a get well soon message and gift. Something that can help lift their spirits and make them feel better as quickly as possible.
Even a small gesture can go a long way when someone is feeling unwell. So use one of these 100 get well soon wishes to find the perfect words to let them know how much you're thinking of them. Touching or inspirational get well soon quotes and messages may be the boost that gives them a speedy recovery. So get your pen out and start writing!
Get Well Wishes
- Wishing you a speedy and full recovery. Hoping you feel much better really soon
- Sending you healthy thoughts and wishes for the fastest recovery
- Just a quick note to let you know you're in my thoughts and hoping you get well soon
- You're one of the strongest people I know - you'll be fighting fit in no time!
- Find strength in the friends and family around you, take their love and use it to heal
- As each day passes you're one closer to a complete recovery! Take those days one at a time and know we're here for you
- We were so sorry to hear you've been unwell. You are in our thoughts as you get back on your feet
- I hope this message let's you know how much we care and will be thinking of you. Wishing you better health
- Sending you sunshine to brighten your day and warm wishes for a speedy recovery
- We hope these flowers will add a little cheer to your day and you feel better soon
- Missing you loads and can't wait until I get to see you again! Get well soon!
- Our Prayers will be for you to feel better and make a swift recovery
- Recuperation takes time. Don't rush yourself, rest as much as you need and we're sure you'll be feeling better really soon
- I hope this message can help you feel a little better and bring a smile to your face
- Remember that you're not alone. We'll be here by your side as you get through this
- Work has been so boring without you there! We all can't wait to have you back, so please get well soon
- Don't worry, we'll fight this together. I know we can win! You'll be feeling better before you know it
- Thinking fondly of you and wishing you a quick recovery
- Sending you the biggest hugs and wishing you love and good health
- So sorry to hear you're feeling unwell. Hoping you regain that spark we all know and love very soon
Get Well Soon Messages
- Best wishes and hoping you're feeling yourself again very soon
- I can't wait to see that amazing smile of yours again. Feel better real soon!
- The most important thing in illness is never to lose heart. We're right there with you. Never lose hope
- You're always in my heart - get well soon
- Recovery is a process. It takes time, it takes patience, it takes everything you've got
- Take the recovery slowly - we want you to be as good as, if not better than before!
- Hoping you feel better soon and just ask if you need anything. I'll always be there for you
- All our prayers will be for you to make a quick recovery
- I hope these flowers lighten your day and bring you some joy. Get well soon
- Being ill is no fun! Hoping you get better soon
- I know these words may seem like nothing but I hope they can lift your mood a little and remind you how much I care
- I hope each day brings you renewed strength and much closer to recovery
- Hoping you're 100% again soon!
- As you travel the path of recuperation, I wish you comfort, care and speedy healing
- Sending healthy vibes your way and wishing for a quick recovery
- I’m Florence Nightingale and you’re my patient. We will get through this together
- Wishing I could take away all your pain, and sending all my love
What to Write in a Get Well Card
Writing an inspirational get well soon message may seem tricky but can be achieved without too much trouble. Your friends or loved one will appreciate you taking the time to wish them a speedy recovery. And kind, uplifting words can really help to improve the recovering persons mood and positivity.
We've put together this list of 100 get well wishes to help you get the best message and hopefully inspire you. However if you want to write your own, with your own words, you can follow some simple steps.
- Choose your words carefully, being respectful and sensitive to how the sick person is feeling is essential.
- Be positive. Don't focus on the negatives of their illness. Try to lift their mood and make them feel better.
- If you feel it's appropriate then you can use a joke or funny message. Be careful though and certain they won't take offence at this.
- Mention you are thinking of them. For a sick friend or family member to know they are in the thoughts of the people closest to them is a real lift.
- If you can - offer support. A message saying you're going to visit them, bring food, something like that. Even small chores they may need doing would be a huge help.
What Not to Say
- Unless you know the recipient is religious then avoid a message of that nature. Saying "you'll be in my prayers" is absolutely fine but don't go further than that. You could make them uncomfortable.
- Try to be as normal with them as you were before. They won't want to feel like they need special treatment or treated differently to before being ill. Just be the same with them as you always are.
- Don't dwell on the illness or be negative. Stay upbeat, lift their spirits and keep positive for them.
- I'm terrible at writing these messages but just wanted to wish you a speedy recovery and to feel better soon
- Wishing you all the best and reminding you to take it easy as you get better
- Missing you loads! Get well soon!!
- We all can't wait to have you back soon. Feel better!
- I hope my flowers help contribute to you feeling much better
- Good health starts with a happy heart
- Thinking of you during this tough time. I'm sure you'll be feeling better soon
- I hope these flowers brighten both your room and your heart
- Sending you good wishes and get well cheer
- Our warmest thoughts for you to make the quickest recovery
- Wishing you so much love and the speediest of recoveries
- May you be enveloped by good health, warming thoughts and a quick recovery
- Wishing you tremendous strength and positive thoughts at this difficult time
- Missing you so much and constantly wishing for your speedy recovery
- Keep thinking positively and stay strong - you'll be better before you know it
- Hoping you feel back to your old self soon
- As each day passes you're that little bit closer to being back on your feet. Get well real soon!
- Wishing you relief from all your aches and pains
- Sending you loving thoughts for a speedy recovery
- So sorry you're not feeling well. We will be thinking of you as you get better
- Have a restful recovery and come back even stronger!
Sample Get Well Message
We aim to make writing a get well card much simpler and allow you to help your sick friend or family member in whatever way they need. A good way to make your card that extra bit special is by adding your own touches to it. Try personalizing our get well notes with a get well soon quote for more inspirational words.
Funny Feel Better Messages
If you want to make the recipient of your card smile or have a laugh then try our funny get well wishes. A funny message can improve their mood and help them stay positive whilst they're unwell, which is key to getting better. So crack a joke and have some fun to take their mind off being unwell.
- Relax, rest and enjoy your time off. We can't wait to see you when you feel up to returning
- Wishing you brighter days ahead
- I heard you're feeling under the weather - get better soon
- Take it slow and steady and I hope you get better one day at a time
- You're a tough cookie - you'll be better soon!
- Wishing for your fast recovery
- Hope you recover quickly!
- Wishing you a quick recovery and continued good health
- Missing you terribly and wishing you all the best. Lots of love and feel better soon
- I hope these words can brighten your day - I miss you and can't wait 'til you're feeling better!
- Our deepest thoughts and prayers are with you as you heal
- May your recovery be quick, painless and find you in tip top condition
- Praying your stay in hospital is short and your recovery quick and simple
Get Well Poems
A poem is a great way to express your feelings and really show you care, and you can find a whole range of get well soon poems right here. Send them in your card or share them on Facebook to let others join in wishing someone a fast recovery.
Get Well Prayers
Saying a prayer for whoever is ill is another really good way to let someone know you're thinking of them. A prayer to find strength, have courage to face their illness or take comfort in God during such trying times will be warmly appreciated.
- We know you're feeling a bit under the weather but we hope you get back right up! We Miss you!
- Sending love and light, and hoping you feel better soon
- Think positive thoughts and you may heal more quickly than you thought possible. We miss you and want you better soon!
- The most important thing in illness is never to lose heart. Our prayers are with you. Get well soon!
- Sending thoughtful prayers your way that you will soon feel right as rain
- I hope the compassion and love of friends and family helps you recover. Much love
- Take care and you'll be back doing the things you love in no time
- Know that there are so many of us that care about and will be by your side as you recover
- If I could I would switch places with you and take away all your pain. Stay strong and I know you'll get through this
- Rest and just focus on getting well! We all miss you so much!
- It may not be a cure but hopefully these flowers will bring a smile to your face. Get well soon
- A get well wish for my favourite patient. Thinking of you and sending my love
- Looking forward to catching up with you once you're feeling your old self again. Feel better
- I know you'll be the bubbly, vivacious life of the party we all love really soon and making us laugh again
- I was so sad to hear about you feeling unwell. Get better soon!
- You bring so much happiness and joy to everyone's lives. Hopefully this card will bring a little to yours. Get well soon
- I hope this message finds you feeling better and on the road to recovery
- I know how much you like roses so hopefully this bouquet will lift your spirits. Get well soon
- You mean the world to me, so get well soon!
- I can't pretend to be a doctor and cure all your woes but I can do what I do best - bring a smile to your face. Here's to a speedy recovery!
- As you recover and find your feet again know that we'll be here to support you all the way
- Let the prayers of loved ones help ease the burden of illness. We'll be there for you as you make your recovery
- I'm so sorry to hear about your illness. My thoughts are with you at this difficult time and sending strength for you to get well
- I will move heaven and earth to help you get better. Whatever you need, just ask
- When you get better we're going to party like there's no tomorrow! Just hurry up will ya!
- Work just isn't the same without you. Get better soon 'cause we miss you like crazy!
- This is just a quick note to say how much I'm thinking of you as you get better. I'll be round to visit soon, I promise
- You're an inspiration in how you're dealing with all this. Just focus all your efforts on feeling better and I'll see you soon
- Wishing you so much love and so many positive thoughts to get better better as soon as possible
Get Well Resources