Get Well Soon Messages for a Pet
Our pets are more than just animals. They become part of the family. They’re just as important as our other loved ones. So a pet that gets injured or becomes ill is an upsetting time for their owners. If you know someone who’s pet is ill then you might be thinking of sending them a get well card.
Get well cards for pets are a great way to acknowledge the illness or injury they have and provide some support and comfort to the owner. As a pet can often be overlooked in these circumstances the owner will appreciate you reaching out to them.
If you aren’t sure what to write in a pet get well card then take a look at the examples below. You can either use them as inspiration for writing your own message or copy them directly to your card.
Get Well Wishes for Pets
- I'm praying your furry friend gets better soon!
- I heard _____ had to go to the vets. Here's hoping he/she makes a speedy recovery.
- Get back on your paws soon!
- We know how much joy a pet brings to your life, so our thoughts are with you as _____ recovers from his surgery
- I'm sure after a little rest _____ will be back up and racing around in no time
- I heard that your little guy was sick and thought how pets probably never receive a get well card. So here's one for _____ - and I hope he/she is up and causing mischief again soon
- I thought I'd send over some of ____'s favourite treats while he gets better!
- Sending big hugs to your special little ball of fur and hoping he's back on his/her paws soon
- Hope you get your wag back soon
- If you need any help taking care of _____ just ask. No one that cute should get ill!
- There isn't an owner who loves and cares for her pet like you do. I know he/she will make a quick recovery with you by their side
- Sending the biggest get well wishes to such a special friend
- If an apple a day keeps the doctor away for humans, then what keeps the vet away for pets?
- I know how important _____ has been to you over the years and helped when you've been feeling down. Now it's our turn to help him/her when they need us
- Something as cute and innocent as _____ shouldn't get sick! It just doesn't seem right
Get Well Messages for a Dog
- Can you translate into dog? If so wish _____ a speedy recovery from me.
- Hoping _____ gets better soon and give him/her an extra long petting for me!
- 'Bark bark bark!' - roughly translated: get well soon!
- I'm sure little _____ will be wagging his/her tail again in no time
- A bit of rest and recuperation and you can let _____ get back to the important things: like chasing sticks and digging up your garden!
- Give your furry friend lots of love and attention while she/he's getting well
- I can just picture _____'s sad little face whilst he/she recovers from her illness. Make sure to give him/her a big squeeze from me
- I hope that doggoned injury heals quickly!
- Wishing the quickest of recovery for your baby pup.
Get Well Messages for a Cat
- I wouldn't worry about _____ - remember, cats have nine lives!
- Cats always land on their feet and no doubt bounce back from illness in the same way
- Did your little kittie need a CAT- scan? Only kidding! Hope she gets better soon
- It almost seems like all cats are injured. That's why they say "Me-Ow."
- Give your kittie lots of love and affection and she'll be out catching mice again in no time
- I hope _____ makes a full recovery and is feeling much better very soon
- Cats are fighters. That's why they come with claws, fast reflexes, and sharp teeth. I hope your cat fights through this with feline frenzy!
- Cats may act aloof but during illness they need as much care as any other pet. Give her/him lots of strokes and treats from me!
- A bit of your loving care and I'm certain little _____ will be feeling purr-felt again real soon
Sick Pet Quotes
- “Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened. ” - Anatole France
- “If having a soul means being able to feel love and loyalty and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans.” - James Herriot
- “Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.” - Roger Caras
- "Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent." -Milan Kundera
- “If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers
- “No heaven will not ever Heaven be. Unless my cats are there to welcome me.” - Anonymous
What Not to Write in a Pet Get Well Card
There are a few things you will want to avoid saying in your message as it could cause offence or just be very inappropriate.
- He/she lived a long life - whilst this may be true in terms of the average lift expectancy of that animal, but when is any time long enough? You wouldn't say that to someone about their wife/husband/dad/mom etc. if they were ill, even if they'd lived to 100! You always want more time and whilst a pet having lived a long and good life is welcomed, them being ill isn't the time to bring that up.
- You can always replace them - saying that a beloved pet could be replaced with just a click of the fingers is deeply insulting. Pets are incredibly special and the bond that is formed with their owners is as strong as with members of their family. So suggesting they could just go and get another one would be extremely offensive.
- Are you going to put him/her down? - in fact any talk of putting them down or to sleep is very inappropriate. An owner will cling on to any hope they're beloved pet will recover. Avoid mentioning anything like this.
- Don't compare their illness with your pets - you may feel like your helping or empathising but unless it could be beneficial in the treatment of their sick pet then it's best avoid any comparisons. It can seem like your trying to take attention away from their situation.
- Nothing - don't be silent. It doesn't take much effort to reach out and offer some support. Even a few words saying you hope they recover or feel better is going to be appreciated.
Get Well Resources